[Fedora Robotics] Installing ROS on Fedora 18, and "the pcl issue" -- is there any hope?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 16:36:26 UTC 2012

On 7 December 2012 13:47, Rich Mattes <richmattes at gmail.com> wrote:

> It might be an electric to fuerte migration issue:  see [1].  The opencv2
> ros stack was removed from fuerte in favor of using the system's opencv
> libraries.  You should be able to remove the dependency on the opencv2
> package, and use the system-installed version instead.

Aha -- thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That was part of the
problem; the other issue was that using the "desktop" variant didn't
actually install all of the ros packages that I needed, so I used the
combination of roslocate + rosinstall to install the rest of them. And the
software is now running! Hooray!

Thanks for all your help. I look forward to seeing ROS packages appearing
in Fedora at some point.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278