-doc vs -devel-doc vs -user-doc

Guillermo Gómez guillermo.gomez at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 18:35:17 UTC 2010

keeping my wonders and researchs on building rpms and since im creating
a -doc pkg for rubygem-state_machine, because it seems it's a good idea
and following previous discussión about if tests are documentation or
not, it came to me the question about what about devel docs vs user doc
rpm pkgs (where user is a regular user who uses certain app, and devel
is a programmer who uses the app or library to devel certain derivative
work).

Should the -devel pkg include the whole documentation files in it? or it
would requires furthers splitting as -doc-devel (-devel-doc)? (not so
good idea for me)

If the main pkg is a user application one might think about -user-doc
subpkg.

if the main pkg is a library, one might think about a -devel-doc subpkg.

any thoughts or policies about this?

krgds

Guillermo