rails 3.0.x in F15

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Dec 21 03:18:02 UTC 2010

  On 12/20/2010 10:15 PM, Mohammed Morsi wrote:
>   <snip>
>> - rspec 1.3.0 and rspec 2.0.1 have large difference, and it seems that
>>      many packages depends on rspec 1.3.0 (I may be wrong). So maybe we want
>>      to package rspec 2.0.1 as rubygem-rspec-2 (correct me if I am wrong).
>>      Also please check bug650283
>>
> I would be fine w/ this, but would like to make sure it needs to be done
> before we create a new package as doing so involves more work. Perhaps
> instead we can convince the maintainers of the dependent gems to update
> their packages

$ repoquery --whatrequires rubygem-rspec
rubygem-rspec-0:1.3.0-2.fc13.noarch
rubygem-merb-core-0:1.0.15-1.fc13.noarch
rubygem-rack-restful_submit-0:1.1.1-1.fc13.noarch

Unless I missed something (does --whatrequires query the
BuildRequires?), it doesn't seem too bad. So long as we ensure those
packages work with the new rspec, we should be good.

    -Mo