Ruby stack and rails in EPEL 6

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Wed Dec 29 02:07:15 UTC 2010

  On 12/25/2010 04:42 PM, Michael Stahnke wrote:
> We talked it over with the ruby sig and decided that rails 3.x was
> probably best for EPEL6.  However, since then, I have run into several
> packages, including ones I use everyday that require rails 2.3.x or
> it's dependencies.  I am proposing to put in rails 2.3.x and then have
> a rails3 package set when rails 3 is packaged in Fedora and ready to
> go.  Currently, it looks like that might hit for F15, but then will
> probably take some additional work to get it ready for EPEL.

The only issue with this is that now for every package that differs
depending on the rails version it depends on, we will need two packages
in EPEL. This is potentially alot of duplicate packages. Would simply
updating those said packages and rails itself to rails 3.0.x work? Is
there a deadline for EPEL packages that we need to contend with?

   -Mo