Rails3 for Fedora 14?

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Feb 3 15:20:42 UTC 2010

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote, at 02/03/2010 11:23 PM +9:00:
> On 02/03/2010 01:17 AM, David Lutterkort wrote:
>> Mamoru has built packages for Rails 2.3.5 for rawhide, and is going to
>> push them tomorrow unless somebody finds a serious flaw with them.
>>
>> If you want to try them before they hit a mirror near you, see bz 559340
>> for details.
>>

> Awesome. While on the subject of Rails, I'm reading about Rails3 being
> pre-released with a lot of changes. Are we going to plan this for Fedora 14?
>
> -- Jeroen

While I am going to update rawhide rails to 2.3.5 on rawhide soon (after
I fix some bugs on the other packages I _really_ maintain on Fedora),
as I don't know about rails well I want to hear opinions from other persons
about this topic.

Note that currently rawhide has rack 1.1.0 and this has some incompatibility
with rails 2.3.x. I have already added some workaround on rawhide 2.3.4/2.3.5
rails but if someone finds some issues please file a report. It seems
that rails 3 is compatible with rack 1.1.0.

Another note is that updating rails from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 may also cause
some incompatibity. An example is that gettext_rails 2.1.0 (which I
currently maintain on Fedora) has some small incompatibility with rails 2.3.5,
which I will fix later.

Regards,
Mamoru