Ruby 1.9.3 update schedule

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 16:38:26 UTC 2012

Hi rubyists,

Just to let you know about the schedule.

1) The Fedora feature page [1] was marked as "FeatureReadyForWrangler".
So hopefully, Ruby 1.9.3 will be approved by next FESCo meeting which
should be held at Monday 9th of January, if I am not mistaken.

2) We have already requested dedicated tag in Koji [2] to prevent longer
disruption of Rawhide and to provide us fallback if something goes
really wrong. However ...

3) Unfortunately, due to update of GCC, mass rebuild will start next
Thursday  12th of January and will be finished hopefully around 20th of
January. After that, we will get our tag.

4) This leaves us 2.5 weeks to rebuild all Ruby packages, because we
should merge the tag back to master before F17 cutoff (7th of February).

5) If we will not be able to rebuild all the packages in time, we will
need later to submit updates by Bodhi and use build overrides if needed.

I would appreciate if you, as a Ruby package maintainers, could provide
support during that period and take care of your packages. Hopefully we
will convince some proven packager to help us to speed the process of
updates and rebuilds.

Vit

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Ruby_1.9.3
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5016