gem2rpm and Ruby 1.9

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 06:22:46 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Monday, January 23, 2012 05:31:32 PM Vít Ondruch wrote:
> > Dne 13.1.2012 02:59, Michael Stahnke napsal(a):
> > > Has gem2rpm been updated for the Ruby 1.9 changes?  The
> > > guidelines
> > > seem quite a bit different, an the gem2rpm macros in the current
> > > state
> > > (at least on EL6) don't map up.  Things like
> > >
> > > %gemdir rather than %gem_dir.
> >
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I have released gem2rpm 0.8.0 today (with great help of Bohuslav
> > Kabrda), which supports new guidelines for Ruby 1.9.3 and Fedora
> > 17. You
> > can grab the gem from rubygems.org or get updated RPM version of
> > gem
> > from updates-testing.
> >
> > Please note that if you want to generate the .spec on some OS other
> > than
> > F17, you have to use "-t fedora-17-rawhide" parameter on your
> > command
> > line, which specifies the correct template. On F17, the F17
> > template
> > will be picked up automagically.
> >
> > Any feedback is welcomed.
> >

> > Vit
>
> Hello,
>
> Will 1.9.3 be pushed into rawhide soon? I'm starting to push new
> rubygems into
> rawhide but am afaid of conflicting 1.9.3. I'm still based off 1.8
> for rawhide
> doesn't have this landed yet.

Hi Shawn,
we have a special Koji target named f17-ruby, which will be merged into rawhide just before branching to f17 (somewhere around February 6). For instructions on how to work with that, please se [1].

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ruby-sig/2012-January/000805.html