Rubgem RPM problem?

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Wed Feb 13 11:10:20 UTC 2013

People,

I try to run a Ruby script that requires a custom library to be loaded
- when I do it with 1.8.7 on Fedora 16 with the conventional gems, it
works fine - however on Fedora 18 with Gems as RPMs and Ruby 1.9.3 I get
this error:

/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require': cannot
load such file -- lib/miho.rb (LoadError)
	from /usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
	from ./shell.rb:4:in `<main>'

The author has no problem with Ruby 1.9.3 on OS/X so I figure it is a
problem with the conversion of the gems to rpms?

I can work around the problem by putting the full path to the lib in
the "require" line but it looks like something needs attention here?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades