The S/390 breakage fix coming to rawhide and f21 soon

Dan HorĂ¡k dan at danny.cz
Thu Jul 31 19:08:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, 1 Aug 2014 00:19:08 +0530
Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that the S/390 arch maintainer in upstream glibc has
> pushed the patch to revert the ABI breakage he had introduced in 2.19.
> This will hit rawhide next week (and f21 a bit later), so please let
> me know if I can provide any extra assistance with this or if any
> particular day or time is convenient for the rebase.

oh, that's actually very bad news, we have no mean to rebuild
everything just for s390, all rebuilds must be done first in primary.
So the next rebuild can happen for F-22 unless primary decides to do an
additional mass rebuild after the new glibc lands just for us. Isn't
there a way how to make the revert compatible with the version we have
now? I think we can't ship glibc in Fedora that would maintain
different ABI than all other distros, or could we?

		Dan