xfig-3.2.5-23b tarball

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:59:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 07:56:37PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that something has changed in %setup, I think that for
> a regular i386 / x86_64 build targeting f13 the same will happen,
> from the logs of your build:
> /bin/chmod -Rf a+r,u+w,g-w,o-w .
>
> from the logs of a local f12 "make prep":
> /bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,u+w,g-w,o-w
>
> Notice that f13-pcc has: a+r, where as my f12-x86_64 has:
> a+rX

Indeed, that was the key.  It seems that rpm-4.7.2-1.fc13 that was built on
the secondary setup failed the POSIX chmod test because the configure script
check for this doesn't take SELinux output from 'ls' into account.  So the
configure script would detect a mismatch in what it was expecting and think
that chmod couldn't handle the a+X invocation and default to dropping the X.
I've fixed the rpm build on the secondary builders and xfig builds fine now.
I'll file a bug against RPM for the lacking config test too.

Thanks for the hint.

josh