rpm -V selinux-policy-targeted

Jeff Johnson n3npq at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 24 19:03:48 UTC 2004

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>
>> On Nov 24, 2004, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Ok we can turn off automatic update of policy from
>>> selinux-policy-*sources, but then
>>> the user will need to manually update the policy if he has
>>> manipulated it.
>>>

>> Can't we find a middle ground, like: update policy automatically if
>> there have been changes, and leave it alone otherwise since the
>> non-sources policy update will have already taken care of it?
>>

> Sure, but how can I tell in the post install section of the sources
> package?

One way is for rpm to supply a hint, like an envvar, based on a more
global context than available in %post.

However the hack would need some design.

Hint: I'd look seriously at using
    %post -p <lua>
if I were you, there is a global and persistent variable space that
shares state with
rpm that will be much more convenient than impedance matching through
envvar's.

73 de Jeff