(newbie)Troubles with SE-Linux

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Wed Mar 23 21:21:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 15:22 -0600, Paul Rumin wrote:
> Is /.autolabel a program?  A file?  I did a search on Red Hat Support
> site and found nothing.
> I assume you want me to create a file (.autolabel) in the / directory.
>  But this does nothing on my system.  If you need more info,  just ask
> what you need.  Thanks in advance.

It is a flag file; you create it, e.g.:
	touch /.autorelabel
and then reboot the system.

The system initialization scripts check for it and will relabel the
filesystem if the file exists, then delete it.  system-config-
securitylevel creates it upon significant changes to the SELinux
configuration, e.g. enabling/disabling SELinux, switching from targeted
to strict policy, etc.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at tycho.nsa.gov>
National Security Agency