selinux blocks lircmd

kwhiskerz kwhiskerz at yahoo.ca
Sun Nov 18 09:34:43 UTC 2007

I had hoped that selinux would finally work. When I installed f8 and saw that
it was set to enforcing and all but the lircmd mouse worked, I was
encouraged. Perhaps it will finally work after all, once that problem is
solved.

Then came a policy update this afternoon and I rebooted and when I looked, I
saw that the system had been put into permissive mode. Now everything works
just great. I was really hoping that everything would finally work great in
enforcing, but I guess there must be a reason for permissive.

So, what is the difference between enforcing and permissive (since permissive
is not disabled)? Does it block some things, but not everything?