execstack and execmem

Shintaro Fujiwara shintaro.fujiwara at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 13:35:58 UTC 2010

Thanks, Domiick.

I will give you report this matter on Monday evening JST.
The server is in my offince and I can't read the log.

On Monday, I will fix this problem and try to silence the log in a
proper manner.

But I will report this.

I believe this kind of things, say, writing your own scripts stuff
will happen on ordinary system and SELinux Labeling should be proper,
but default, when I restorecon -R /var/www/html , the label would be
httpd_t such, so I say to myself, when I write a script, I should
either label it differently in a clean SELinux manner or I should copy
it in /etc or whatever the script should work right and move it.

This kind of thing sould be a common sense like guru says, but in a
ordinary system maintained by ordinary admin like me makes mistakes
easily and wonder why this kind of log, you know, execmem or execstack
emerges.

So the best conclusion would be, if SELinux is wise enough, SELinux
reads the code of my script and label it automatically.
Hey, you fool, don't label this and that, kind a thig, you know.

But, as you pointed out, I have some clue in this so, I will work on
that as soon as I could get back to my new server.

Thanks.

Admin, Signal School Intranet, GSDF Japan

segatex--SELinux tool

http://sourceforge.net/projects/segatex/

http://intrajp.no-ip.com/ Home Page