Clamd - again...

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 25 18:13:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 20:50 +0200, Dominick Grift wrote:

> open your ~/myclamd/myclamd.te file and append the following:
>
> gen_require(`
> 	type clamscan_t;
> ')
>
> procmail_rw_tmp_files(clamscan_t)
> mta_read_queue(clamscan_t)
>

> Then rebuild be binary representation and reinstall it:
>
> cd ~/myclamd;
> make -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile myclamd.pp
> sudo semodule -i myclamd.pp
>
> Next rebuild the policy with the hidden denials loaded.
>
> sudo semodule -B

I'm afraid we're still not quite there yet...

This is from /var/log/clamd.log:
Wed Aug 25 18:27:05 2010 -> WARNING: Control message truncated, no control data received, 1 bytes read(Is SELinux/AppArmor enabled, and blocking file descriptor passing?)
Wed Aug 25 18:27:05 2010 -> WARNING: Error condition on fd 9

I have no idea what fd 9 is.

I also still have a problem with clamdwatch, but I'll deal with that in
a separate posting.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Mark