Gitweb and SELinux

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:57:35 UTC 2010

On 02/05/2010 05:51 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Dominick Grift wrote:
>> There is probably a better way to configure this. The problem is that
>> git-daemon is currently a bit messy.
>
> I'd hope so, as now I cannot get access to my own home directory with
> that git context set.
>

>> Could you post your /etc/xinetd.d/git?
>
> I'm not using git-daemon for file access on this particular machine.
> Just SSH. On a Fedora 11 git server, that is using the same directory
> setup, I'm using the following:

Alright well by default personal git repositories are expected in
~/public_git.

That directory and its content is labelled git_personal_t in F12 (if i
am correct).

I would probably use that for personal git repositories and give your
gitweb app access to git_personal_t instead of git_data_t (which is a
type for system wide shared git repositories in /var/lib/git)

Can gitweb not be configured to point to the different personal
repositories? Instead of using symlinks in /srv/git?