how to set permissions to files with a patern in the file hame

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:05:35 UTC 2010

2010/2/16 Dominick Grift <domg472 at gmail.com>

> On 02/16/2010 09:21 AM, ESGLinux wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I´m a bit newbie with SELinux (nothing more than watch to sealert -b and
> do
> > what it says...) and now I want to learn more about it because I have a
> > problem:
> >
> > I need to set the permissions to files that are going to be created, but
> > this permissions depends on the name of the file. Is it possible?
>
> I do not believe this is possible.

I thought it is the same as you can see in the
file /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts
for example
/mnt(/[^/]*)    -l      system_u:object_r:mnt_t:s0

with a pattern you assing a context. So I thought you can use this to assing
perm or modify the access to the files.

Am I wrong?

> > by the way, any doc about SELinux for begginers? the oficial doc scares
> ;-)
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/selinux-user-guide/f12/en-US/

Thanks, I´m going to study this doc,

ESG