SELinux troubleshooting example

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Sat Jan 16 13:30:55 UTC 2010

On 01/15/2010 05:46 PM, Richard Bullington-McGuire wrote:
> I'd like to share a blog article I wrote recently on troubleshooting
> SELinux problems. If more people knew how to troubleshoot and remediate
> permissions issues when they came up, fewer people would react by
> disabling SELinux at the first sign of trouble.
>
>   Don't Leave the Barn Door Open: Troubleshooting SELinux Issues
> http://www.threepillarsoftware.com/troubleshooting-selinux-issues
>
> Any review comments would be welcome.

Nice write-up, thanks for making it available. Just one quick comment,
there isn't any reference to the SETroubleshoot tool which automatically
watches for AVC denials, catalogues them, makes them easy to view, and
offers suggested fixes.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?