Selinux - Clamav

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:10:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 11:13:07AM +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 07/06/10 18:38, Frank Murphy wrote:
> --snip--
>
> > Then reproduce. To go back to hidding hidden denials: semodule -B
> >>
> >> Does it work in permissive mode?
> >>>

> > Have now set permissive on clamd & clamscan.
> > Will let you know result tomorrow.
> >
> My bad it's a cron warning, not from logwatch.
>

> Still getting below with "Selinux Manager > process domain > clamd
> clamscan permissive"

Looks like a bug in policy. only clamd_t is allowed to execmem when clamd_use_jit is set.
clamscan_t is not included in this boolean. Please consider reporting this bug to fedora bugzilla.

Please include that avc denial ( there should be an avc denial if it is really clamscan that needs the execmem like you seem to suggest. if true you can also include the fix:

tunable_policy(`clamd_use_jit',`
	allow clamscan_t self:process execmem;
',`
	dontaudit clamscan_t self:process execmem;
')