ssh on SElinux with permisive mode

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Dec 19 13:19:13 UTC 2012

On 12/19/2012 01:55 PM, sruthi mohan wrote:
> Hi,
> currently in my system Selinux is in permissive mode.
> I am unable to connect remotely through ssh.
> i have done semodule -DB  I did not find any ssh related messages on
> audit.log.
> Request some help in resolving this issue
> Thanks and Regards
that simply means that your problem is not related to selinux. check the
output of ssh -v and if you cannot find anything useful, start the
server in debug mode using -dD.
also, make sure that no firewall ( either yours or placed between your
server and client machines ) blocks communication. and last but not
least, make sure that the server really starts and is listening on the
external interface.