EL6 reference policy sources?

Dmitry Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Thu Feb 2 16:59:30 UTC 2012

On February 1, 2012 20:37:05 Dave Quigley wrote:
> An easier way than extracting and patching by hand would be to do this
>
> rpm -ihv <policy-source-rpm>.src.rpm
> cd ~/rpmbuild/SPECS
> rpmbuild -bp <SPECFILE> #build prep <bp>

ok, so it sounds like SRPM is the only way to get those... I'm familiar with
those, just didn't want to 'build" hoped for something online/system-wide I
can share with other sysadmins as a reference, oh well (yes I know I can make
a copy system-wide, but there's a lot of "manual" in keeping it up-to-date ;)
... Now I have tried:

$ sudo yumdownloader --disableplugin=protectbase,cpacman_yum --source selinux-
policy-3.7.19-93.el6_1.7
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin
Enabling epel-source repository
No source RPM found for selinux-policy-3.7.19-93.el6_1.7.noarch
Nothing to download

same happens when I omit the version from the request. Does anybody know
whether there is an "easy" way of doing it other than RHN/Google/RPMFind ? ( I
do realize it's a question for a different ML, but just in case somebody has a
"quick" answer handy ;)

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330