SELinux and RPM packages

Dmitry Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Thu Feb 2 19:42:04 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I know I have asked that question before and the answer was to use
"semanage/setsebool" from %post section.

However here's my dilemma:

say I have packageA and packageB, both running some "semanage/setsebool"
combinations that overlap (most likely case for the setsebool). If I mirror
statements in %post into the %postun whenever I uninstall packageA I will be
wiping settings needed by packageB. How are people dealing with those? It
doesn't look like Fedora/RedHat has some strict policy or guideline on that
(or do they? did I miss it?) so I am interested how are others coping with
this? Falling back to manual process? Some extra scripting?

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330