Dipping into the policy waters

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Wed Feb 29 19:50:47 UTC 2012

I think my first reply got tossed when thunderbird changed my identity
on me...

On 2/29/12 7:04 AM, Dominick Grift wrote:

> It is complaining about your use of the XML headers.
>
> Dont use them in type enforcement files:

That worked, thanks!  I'll see if I can find docs on the XML part, I was
just copying comments around from the templates eclipse created, which
now sounds silly as I knew it was doing things with the xml...

> Also it is important that you stick to the style rules.
> type peak_t is not a file type and if it is then it is named wrong.

I'm going from the tutorial at http://equivocation.org/selinux (by far
the easiest to understand selinux tutorial I've yet found!); there it
seems he's breaking things up into three management categories: general
application files (app_t), config files (app_config_t) and the
application executables (app_exec_t).  This seems a reasonable division,
so I'm trying to follow it for now...

> If you want some interactive help with writing policy you can also come
> join #fedora-selinux channel on irc://irc.freenode.net IRC network and
> ping user grift.

Thanks!  I'll try to avoid interrupting you with that, but it's good to
know it's available...