Why am I a guest on Fedora 18?

Erinn Looney-Triggs erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 16:37:28 UTC 2012

Been trying to figure this one out for a bit.

erinn at thin-mint ~ $ id -Z
guest_u:guest_r:oddjob_mkhomedir_t:s0

Fine, well not fine, but given that the homedir was created by oddjob
since this is an IPA client, it makes sense.

However:

erinn at thin-mint ~ $ sudo semanage login -l

Login Name                SELinux User              MLS/MCS Range

__default__               unconfined_u              s0-s0:c0.c1023

erinn                     unconfined_u              s0-s0:c0.c1023

root                      unconfined_u              s0-s0:c0.c1023

system_u                  system_u                  s0-s0:c0.c1023

Ok so I should be an unconfined-U according to this mapping, right?

Is this perhaps SSSD interfering? This F18 client is running against a
RHEL 6.3 IPA server, fully updated. I tried to work with the SELinux
mappings in IPA, however, I was informed that as of 6.3 they are almost
totally broken and to wait for the next release.

Anyway, any ideas?

-Erinn