Sharing a network port between types

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 11:37:14 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Bryan Harris <bryanlharris at me.com> wrote:
> On Jun 27, 2013, at 7:06 AM, Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So how can I allow SELinux to let both openssh and proftpd use port 22
>> at the same time?
>
> Why not use different ports?

That is of course a easy workaround. But changing the port on the
service IP would mean that the all customers would need to access SFTP
over a non standard port and the purpose of the whole exercise was to
provide a file transfer service over a simple standard port. Port 22
ticks all the boxes ;)

And changing the port for the internal IP would mean that that server
would be the only one running SSH over a different port, making it
none standard and require a lot of custom work for all our management
scripts.

Regards,
Tim

P.S.: Oh, forgot to mention, this is on CentOS 6.4

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)