Denial showing up even when allow rule appied

Anamitra Dutta Majumdar (anmajumd) anmajumd at cisco.com
Mon May 20 20:44:55 UTC 2013

Hi Dominick.

1. We do not have the seinfo utility available in our box so could not run
it

2. The AVC denial is
type=AVC msg=audit(1369081665.408:8113): avc:  denied  { create } for
pid=18379 comm="usermod" name="passwd+"
scontext=specialuser_u:system_r:pwrecoveryd_t:s0
tcontext=system_u:object_r:etc_t:s0 tclass=file

3. audit2why shows this
type=AVC msg=audit(1369081665.408:8113): avc:  denied  { create } for
pid=18379 comm="usermod" name="passwd+"
scontext=specialuser_u:system_r:pwrecoveryd_t:s0
tcontext=system_u:object_r:etc_t:s0 tclass=file
        Was caused by:
                Constraint violation.
                Check policy/constraints.
                Typically, you just need to add a type attribute to the
domain to satisfy the constraint.

Thanks,
Anamitra