SFTP & Chroot

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 21:49:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just configured the internal-sftp of sshd (with chroot option) but
when I tried to log on as the sftp user I can't.  I get the following  AVC:

setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/sshd from getattr access
on the directory /var/ftp. For complete SELinux messages...

/var/ftp is a filesystem of its own labeled "public_content_t".

I really have no clue why this doesn't work.  Apparently it's something
related to the "internal-sftp" which one needs to use in order to allow
the chroot environment.   I could only make it work by enabling the
ssh_chroot_full_access boolean which seems overkill...

Is this boolean the only way to go with internal-sftp ?

Thanks,
Jorge