global requirements were not met: type/attribute

Jayson Hurst swazup at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 23:42:38 UTC 2014

I have something like the following in my domains interface file:

gen_require(`
        type httpd_t;
')

read_files_pattern( httpd_t, var_t, var_auth_t)

When I try to compile the module and install it with semodule

I see the following error:

global requirements were not met: type/attribute httpd_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file or directory).

I also see the same type of error when I try to use the nis interface call:

nis_list_var_yp

global requirements were not met: type/attribute var_yp_t (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file or directory).

Any suggestions as to what I am missing?