targeted policy relabels *everything*?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Nov 26 21:49:48 UTC 2014

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> On 11/26/2014 02:11 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Tristan Santore wrote:

<snip>
<snip>
> I have no idea why it would have done this.  There is an algorithm that
> does a diff between the previous file context and the new and then
> relabels the difference.

That's more or less what I thought.

> This could trigger a relabel of /usr or /var.   The relabel should
> figure out you are on a NFS share and bale out.
>
> Are there lots of files on a file system other then an NFS share?

There are a fair number - find / | wc -l has been running for more than
five minutes now. One thing that is on this system are backups of /etc
from all 170+ servers and workstations, as well as of some home
directories....

But none of our other servers did that, and some include backup of home
directories.

     mark
        mark