selinux process transition not taking place

SZIGETVÁRI János jszigetvari at gmail.com
Mon May 18 19:26:36 UTC 2015

Yes, both executables in this case are shell scripts, so you're most likely
right. (*)

The original scenario seems different though, as the following conditions
are met there:
-- there is an init script with the context syslogd_initrc_exec_t, which
calls a
-- symlink under /opt/<product>/sbin which has the context of bin_t, and is
a reference for the
-- binary executable /opt/<product>/libexec/<executable> which has a
context of syslogd_exec_t.

Normally this setup works just fine, but one of our customers encountered a
situation where the daemon is stuck as initrc_t.
We have tried verifying every little detail, but we failed to spot any
differences between their environment, where the problem persists, and
ours, where everything works fine.

(*) I think, I will write a short C program in order to find out whether
this was in deed the main reason why my demo script failed to transition to
syslogd_t.

--
Janos SZIGETVARI

E-mail: jszigetvari at gmail.com
Phone: +36209440412 (Hungary)

Make the switch to open (source) applications, protocols, formats now:
- windows -> Linux, iexplore -> Firefox, msoffice -> LibreOffice.org
- msn -> jabber protocol (Pidgin, Google Talk)
- mp3 -> ogg, wmv -> ogg, jpg -> png, doc/xls/ppt -> odt/ods/odp