[Fedora-sparc] Fedora 12 sparc repo issues

bbeaver bbeaver at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 12 13:11:02 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I'm attempting to install Fedora 12 Sparc on a Sun V210 platform and having
repository problems, (Error - unable to read package metadata.  This may be
due to a missing repodata directory.)  I have seen this following comment
posted on  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/SPARC, but am not
sure exactly how to address it:

- repo issues when installing - There repos are not laid out exactly as
anaconda wants when doing a netinstall. you can pass repo="path to mirror"
or fix up in the gui

I have no gui access, and am performing the text based fedora install using
ALOM, (advanced lights out management interface).  I am able to boot up in
linux rescue mode and obtain internet connectivity.  Thanks much for any
help getting me beyond this issue.

Brian