[Fedora-spins] fpaste in fedora-live-base?

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 07:02:54 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Jan Kratochvil
> <jan.kratochvil at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> -1 as fpaste.org server has longterm unfixed bug blocking its usage on various
>> clients and nobody can fix the bug as it is server-side bug:
>>        http://bugs.fedoraunity.org/server-bugs/27
>
> While this particular bug is fixed, it begs two questions (neither of
> which I know the answers to):
>
> 1) Do we want to have something that points to non-infrastructure
> maintained services and casts them in such a light as they are
> "official" services in the default spin? We (Fedora Infrastructure)
> don't have the wherewithal to fix fpaste.org if/when it's busted.
> 2) If the answer to #1 is no, what is preventing us from hosting
> paste.fedoraproject.org?

+1 here.  If we use the fpaste client tool, it seems it could simply
be adjusted in the RPM to point to paste.fp.o.

> As a side note, is the source for fpaste.org somewhere? I couldn't
> find it looking at the site, but maybe I'm stupid. :)

I wonder if fpaste.org is using an open pastebin software.  I don't
see sources for fpaste.org anywhere, but I did notice that there is a
django based pastebin on the http://fpaste.org/about/ page.

Cheers,

Clint