[Fedora-spins] Late Spin - Music Creation Lite

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jul 25 16:16:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 01:23:33 +1000,
  David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Seems, we are a bit late for F14's feature deadline, however, we are
> hoping this Music Creation Lite spin might be examined and if all is
> good make it as an F14 spin, see:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Music_Creation_Lite_Spin

I think it would be hard to get this approved for F14.

I took a look at the ks file and it needs some work. --ignoremissing isn't
allowed. Breaking out of the box wireless by removing firmware isn't going
to fly.

Probably some of the other stuff being removed isn't such a good idea
either.

Customizing services is also not generally allowed, so these would all need
to be looked at as well.

Submitting this this late, when Spins SIG is in a crunch to get stuff done
and short handed is a problem.

We can talk about this at the meeting tomorrow (1900 UTC), but my feeling is
that the Fedora version of this should be targeted for F15 and that you should
publish a remix if you really want people to be able use it for F14.

Getting this to fit on a cd and also look like Fedora is probably going to
take some work. It might be worth taking a look at what MeeGo is doing
in this regard. The desktop cd version is really tight and adding packages
to it while staying on a CD will be tough.

Another option is to target DVD or 1 GB USB devices. Then things get a lot
simpler.