[Fedora-spins] Continuing Spins for F14

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jun 30 13:53:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 08:58:51 +0200,
  Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Am 29.06.2010 07:30, schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
> > On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:26:12 +0200
> > Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I know i could have done a better job on the "Fedora Security Lab",
> >> but it will be released again for F14 if you all let me.
> >>
> >> I asume it is not on the list because it just forgotten?
> >
> > I pulled the list from the wiki:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Spins_Fedora_13
> >
> > Looks like for some reason it's in the wrong category.
> > ;(
>
> "If the Fedora Project Board grants Trademark usage for the Spin, the
> Spin Page is added to category Spins_Fedora_X, and removed from category
>  Spins_Ready_For_Board. "
>
> seems this ^^ never happened - i was not aware of that - thought this is
> the job of the spin wrangler - i am sorry if i caused confusion.
>
> i just saw this
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/13/Spins
>

> and now i am more confused ;) - what do i have to do now?
> add it to
> Spins_Fedora_13 - because it is already released
> or to
> Spins_Fedora_14?
> or to both

Neither. Apparently 13 was released without it, so it shouldn't be added
there. It shouldn't be added to 14 yet as it needs trademark approval plus
review for F14. To get the latter to happen it should be marked as in
development until you are ready to have the Wrangler review it for F14.

Since we don't currently have a wrangler, we'll need to talk about this in
the next spins SIG meeting and assign someone from spins to request the board
to do the trademark approval. We can start that now, since we got that
far before, rather than wait for the F14 review.