[Fedora-spins] Urgent call for a spins SIG meeting

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Dec 5 23:58:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 00:30:49 +0100
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> we have 4 spins to approve for F18.  I know we missed the deadline,
> but I cannot change it.  I was way too busy and I didn't even know
> there were new spins to approve until the owners of Fedora Jam
> approached my least week.  From that point on I have been working
> with them, because I still think we should try to have these spins in
> Fedora 18.

Ugh. Wow is it late to add new spins, IMHO. ;(

> As we are running out of time, I have done several things in
> parallel. I already got the approval from the board, now we need the
> SIG to approve them ASAP.
>
> When is the best time for a meeting? I only have tomorrow, then I will
> be traveling most of Friday, but I guess I could arrange something
> throughout Saturday or Sunday while I am at the FAD in Rheinfelden. If
> that doesn't work, I can arrange something on Monday, but we really
> need to hurry up because the freeze for the spins-kickstart package
> is on 2012-12-11.

Just let me know when you decide and I will try and make it...

What are the spins? I saw the jam, but what are the other 3?
I have seen 0 on them...

> @Kevin: Can you get the Fedora Jam ks from
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/music-creation.git/tree/spin-kickstarts/fedora-jam/fedora-live-jam-kde.ks
> into koji for the nightlies?

I can, but shouldn't we wait for them to be approved?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/Spins

will need updated.

kevin