[Fedora-spins] [Design-team] Future of Design Suite Spin

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at sdziallas.com
Fri Jan 4 21:34:00 UTC 2013

On 01/04/2013 04:28 PM, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> On Fri 04 Jan 2013 01:25:54 PM PST, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
>> On Fri 04 Jan 2013 12:03:16 PM PST, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
>>> Hi, all.
>>>
>>> As I said in this bug [0], I haven't been spending much time in Fedora
>>> over the past year. As it turns out, my name was still in the design
>>> suite kickstart file though.
>>>
>>> I won't have the cycles to carry the spin forward, so I'm wondering
>>> whether there's somebody who's willing to pick this up for the time
>>> being. If nobody is willing to do that, it may make sense to not
>>> release this spin in the future.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> --s
>>
>> I am willing to take over Design spin.
>>
>> --
>> Luya Tshimbalanga
>> Graphic & Web Designer
>> E: luya at fedoraproject.org
>> W: http://www.thefinalzone.net
>>

> In addition, some fonts like Comfortaa should be included in Design Spin
> since they are official for Design team.

I entirely agree. The entire thing hasn't seen an update in a while so
it's quite possible that there are some changes that would be good to
make. (I thought I had started a thread about handing it off back in the
day, but apparently didn't.)

As you may know, the kickstart file is here:
https://fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts/browser/fedora-livecd-design-suite.ks

I'm copying the spins list so that they can take care of the access, in
case you don't have it already.

Thanks for taking this on.

--Sebastian