[Fedora-suds-list] .NET Namespace Issue
Gary Wilson Jr.
gary.wilson at gmail.com
Wed May 21 03:25:06 UTC 2008
Rob Yates wrote:
> As I'm fairly namespace-challenged, any ideas why this may be
> happening? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
> I'd be happy to send the WSDL via e-mail to whoever may want to take a
I'm having the same problem as you :) and I believe this is the issue:
Jeff Ortel mentioned in an email to the list yesterday  that he has
fixed the issue in his development code and that it will be put in trunk
after some testing. The relevant snippet of that email:
* (fix) Proper level of XML element qualification based on <schema
elementFormDefault=""/> attribute. This will ensure that when
elementFormDefault="qualified", Suds will include the proper namespace
on root elements for both literal and encoded bindings. In order for
this to work properly, the literal marshaller (like the encoded
marshaller) needed to be schema-type aware. Had i added the same
schema-type lookup as the encoded marshaller instead of the refactoring
described above, the two classes would have been almost a complete
duplicate of each other :-(
I was building a fairly complex SOAP request the other day, and was
going crazy trying to figure out why I was only getting a 500 error
response back no matter what I tried. Jeff's email yesterday was a relief.
I just introduced myself to SOAP a couple days ago, and I must say that
I like suds and it's interface much more than the other libraries I
tried (SOAPpy and ZSI). FYI, SOAPpy seems to have the same namespace
problems (I didn't fully test ZSI).
Keep up the good work guys!
More information about the suds