[Fedora-suds-list] . Although they made

Gile Findley slanting at 163cc.net
Thu Apr 8 18:15:13 UTC 2010

 a short time the man was threading his way amongst the shipping in
the harbor. From their position
so low upon the water the masts and spars of the vessels looked to be
of extraordinary height to the boys, who viewed every object with keen
interest. A hail from the boatman was answered by a man from the deck
of the ship. He thrust his
head over the rail inquiringly.
"Where's your captain?" asked Ned,
as the man appeared. "What do you want of the captain?" asked the man
in a surly voice.
"We want to talk with him," replied Ned. "We'll explain to him." "He's
busy now and don't want to be disturbed. Tell me what you want and
I'll give him your message. Maybe he'll
see you!" "We want to arrange passage on your ship to the United
States." "I'll see what he's got to say,"
replied the man, moving away. While he was gone the boys examined the
vessel closely. Jimmie pronounced the vessel very

much to his liking. He admired the lines and pointed with pride to the
modeling of the stern. "Hello!"
the boy cried excitedly, his arm extended still in the act of
indicating the ship, "there goes our friend Mackinder in a launch!"
"Where?" asked Ned eagerly, turning about in his seat. "Right astern
of us!" replied Jimmie.