[Fedora-suds-list] Problem with complexType / sequence / choice structure.

Kuosa, Jussi jussi.kuosa at f-secure.com
Mon Mar 15 10:24:15 UTC 2010

Hello all,
I'm having a problem while trying to consume a web service with suds 0.3.8. The majority of the operations are parsed correctly and I'm able to call them (with WSS and custom headers). However, I seem to have a problem with a particular WSDL construct:

<xsd:element name="enableXxxRequest">
  <xsd:complexType>
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:choice>
        <xsd:element name="xxxIdentifier"
                type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
        <xsd:element name="xxxYyyReference"
                type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
      </xsd:choice>
    </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

If I print the generated client, I only get enable() without any indication on how to generate the proper call. I guess that I have to somehow indicate whether I'm passing in an xxxIdentifier or xxxYyyReference and then just put them in a list (like result = client.service.enable([id1, id2]))?

I tried creating id1 = Element("xxxIdentifier").setText("some identifier"), but that wasn't put to the request.

Can anyone help me out?

Best regards,

    Jussi Kuosa