[Fedora-suds-list] Es not only to a greatly prolonged sojourn o

Lanzillotti Gilreath overleap at twoconchs.com
Wed Mar 31 04:07:57 UTC 2010

Horter path to still more sublime heights lies open to earnest
endeavour;
but what those heights may be in their case we can only conjecture. It
is of course only the lower fringe of this august body that need be
mentioned in connection
with our subject of the astral plane. Their three lower great divisions
(beginning from the bottom) are generally called Kamadevas, Rupadevas,
and Arupadevas respectively. Just as our ordinary body
here--the lowest body possible
for us--is the physical, so the ordinary body of a Kamadeva is the
astral; so that he stands in somewhat the same position as humanity will
do when it reaches
planet F, and he, living ordinarily in an astral body,
would go out of it to higher
spheres in a Mayavirupa just as we might in an astral
body, while to enter the Karana Sharira would be to him (when
sufficiently developed) no greater effort than to form a Mayavirupa is
to us. In the same way the Rupadeva's ordinary body would be the
Mayavirupa, since his habitat is on the four lower or rupa levels of
that spiritual state which we usually call Devachan:
while the Arupadeva belongs to the three higher levels of that plane,
and owns no nearer approach to a body
than the Karana Sharira. But for Rupa and Arupadevas

to manifest on the astral plane is an occurrence at least as rare as it
is for astral entities to materialize on this physical
plane, so we need do no more than mention them now. As regards the
lowest division--the Kamadevas--it would
be quite a mistake to think of all of them
as immeasurably superior to ourselves, since some have entered their
ranks from a humanity in some respects less advanced
than our own; of course the general average among them is much higher
than among us, for all that is actively or wilfully
evil has long been weeded out from their ranks; but they

differ widely in disposition,
and a really noble, unselfish, spiritually-minded man may well stand
higher in the scale of evolution than some of them. Their attention can
be
attracted by certain magical evocations, but the only human will which
can dominate theirs is that
of a certain high class of Adepts. As a rule they