GSoC payment for 2009 in limbo

Patrick W. Barnes patrick at patrickwbarnes.com
Wed Feb 10 17:50:18 UTC 2010

On 2010-02-10 (Wednesday) 10:15:42 Karsten Wade wrote:
> So far we have no ideas.
>
> I've emailed Google with the status of our problem.
>
> Can anyone clarify for me -- did we get Mentor Summit travel already
> reimburses OK?
>
> I guess worst case is, we have the payment made in to Red Hat and
> accept that there isn't a way to get that money moved to Max's or
> Mark's budgets to disperse to community efforts.
>
> Alternately, we can tell Google to roll the money back in to the SoC
> program on our behalf.

If Fedora EMEA is (or can be) set up as a vendor with Google, then I think
that is the best option we have.  As far as I know, this is the only way we
have to reimburse for travel stipends (which I assume has not been taken care
of yet, unless someone can correct me.)

Once Fedora EMEA or Red Hat are set up as a vendor with Google, we need to
invoice Google for both the mentoring stipends and, separately, the travel
stipends (again assuming neither has been taken care of.)

If we cannot get this done before the 14th, we need to let Ellen Ko (Google)
know before that time.

--
Patrick W. Barnes
patrick at patrickwbarnes.com