GSoC : Integrate Proxy Settings and Network Connections(Locations) project

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 22 15:43:35 UTC 2012

Hello,

Sending the following email which found on the devel-list.

Hello!

I am Siddharth 2nd year Undergraduate student pursuing M.Sc(TECH)
Information Systems at BITS-Pilani India. I am thorough with languages
like C, C++ and Java and currently learning Python.

I am keenly interested in contributing to the Integrate Proxy Settings
and Network Connections(Locations) project of Fedora Projects for
GSoC-2012.

My understanding of the project is that when a user connects to a
network, all settings such as proxy settings, IP settings (if
required), sharing options etc will be saved for each network. So
whenever the user connects to a previously connected network all these
settings are automatically loaded. Thus making networking much more
user friendly.

Please suggest me how should I go about the project. Should I straight
away make a proposal and send it across or do something else prior to
that.

Any suggestion or advice will help a lot. :)

Thanking you.

Best regards,
Siddharth Mohan Misra.

--