The Fedora Project selected for Google Code In 2012

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 14 03:52:57 UTC 2012

According to the Google Blog post[1] on Monday (12th Nov), The Fedora
Project has been selected for one of the mentoring organizations for
Google Code In 2012. Fedora featured 7 times in Google Summer of Code
program in 2005 to 2012 except in 2010 but this is the first time
Fedora project is featuring as one of the mentoring organization with
Google Code In program.

Interested mentors and students please do get enrolled with the
program and then the Fedora Project. All required information can be
found on GCI 2012 portal[2].

The main idea behind getting with this program is to get some
interaction with young students and create some long term relations
with them. We do believe all the contributors with in Fedora project
will support us.

It is a big challenge ahead of the Fedora Summer Coding team to
achieve in this winter, and we should succeed.

[1] http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2012/11/mentoring-organizations-for-google-code.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GCI_2012

--
Regards,