GSoC 2015 project - AskFedora UX/UI & Functionality Overhaul

Kalpani Anuradha anuradha.12 at cse.mrt.ac.lk
Tue Mar 24 13:56:40 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm Anuradha Welivita from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am very
much into UX/UI related stuff and hence really look forward in contributing
towards this project.

I'm planning to apply for this project because I'm really into UX/UI
related stuff as they are my major interests. I am quite new to FOSS
development and Fedora and I am interested in joining the Design Team as a
long term contributor of Fedora as well.

I did the following work regarding this project.

As a 1st step I cloned the source for testing from (
*github.com/fedoradesign/askbot-test*
<https://github.com/fedoradesign/askbot-test>). I also installed the OpenShift
rhc Client Tools and learned to create a new Python web project using that.

And I have created a web interface by looking at the mock ups provided and
you can see what I created by going to this link
(*askbot-anuradhaw.rhcloud.com <http://askbot-anuradhaw.rhcloud.com/>*)

Still I'm half way through developing the web interface and still it is
created to view under a fully maximized web browser only. And I'm going to
make it responsive soon.

Furthermore to get familiarized with the code of askbot I have also cloned
the source code from the github repo and I'm in the process of getting it
installed on my machine.

Thank you.
Anuradha Welivita