Problem with DVD iso for Core 3

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 9 19:24:21 UTC 2004

Drosos Kourounis wrote:

> Hi all!
> I just downloaded twice from different mirrors the FEDORA Core 3
> DVD iso image and I noticed that there is a problem with that thing!
>
> I begin installation I press Ok to the questions about "us" and the
> other one, but when I am asked which type of installation do I prefer
> CDROM, FTP, HTTP, NFS ... I choose of course CDROM.
>
> Then it says that the FEDORA software CDROM is not inserted in the
> CDROM drive! I tried that in many different PCs and I get the same
> problem so it is not a problem with my PC.
>
> Did any one of you have the same problem!
>
> please let the people who are responsible for the distribution
> to fix that!
>
> Regards!
> Drosos.

> FREE! http://messenger.msn.com/

You didn't mention whether you burned the dvd before starting.  Knowing
your drive make/model might cause someone to recognize a problem.

Did you check the md5sum of the file?

I downloaded the DVD .iso file, burned it in K3b and installed a fresh
install and an update with no problems.  The md5sum of the .iso file was
correct, and the DVD passed the media check.

Gerry