FC4T3 install: boot fail after install onto reiserfs

Richard Michael rmichael+fedoratest at fields.utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 6 00:07:20 UTC 2005

Three times today on different hardware (changing hard drives and
architecture), I have attempted to install FC4 Test 3 onto a single
partition reiserfs system, hda1 (10GB) = reiserfs, hda2 (1024MB) = swap.

To launch the install, I used "linux selinux=0 reiserfs".

The install proceeds normally, but during the initial reboot, the system
halts when uncompressing the kernel and reports:

-----

<snip boot loader messages>

Uncompressing Linux...

ran out of input data

   -- System halted

-----

I might expect a bad hard drive, but, as I mentioned, this happens on
two different drives, in two different systems.

Does anyone know what's happening?

Apologies if this is answered somewhere already.

Thanks,
Richard