openldap 2.3.11 killed my ldap server
bmillett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 21:50:35 UTC 2005
After rawhiding today, my ldap address book would fail. Noticing that
it was a sort of major upgrade from openldap-2.2.29 to openldap-2.3.11 I
figured that I needed to slapcat the address to a ldif file and slapadd
again. However, I could not slapcat anything.
What I did was to force a rollback to openldap-2.2.29.
Then "slapcat > ldap.ldif"
Then rpm -Uvh openldap*-2.3.11-2.i386.rpm
Then "slapadd -l ldap.ldif"
Then "chown -R ldap:ldap /var/lib/ldap"
Then I restarted slapd and all is back to normal.
I should have paid attention to the rawhide build notice. Then again,
when ever there is a rebuild needed, it would have been nice to have a
Brian Millett - [ Sinclair, "The Gathering"]
"Sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5."
More information about the test