How do you get FC13 to export using NFS3?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Apr 1 16:55:53 UTC 2010

[ I posted on the general list, got told to go away and try here. I'm not
optimistic... ]

There seems to be a great deal of effort in today's FC13/rawhide release to make
sure NFS3 can't be served. First, opening NFS server in the firewall rules
doesn't open port 111 (sunrpc) so the connect can be built. Then after opening
that port manually the firewall RELATED rule no longer considers a port handed
out in reply to a GETPORT request to be related, and that port gets an
administratively prohibited ICMP reply.

NFS4 is all wonderful, but it isn't what the clients speak. Is there an option,
method, script, something to make it work without poking great holes in the
firewall?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>