F13-Question: Cannot start a new yum immediately after an old "yum update" ends

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 13:36:09 UTC 2010

On 3 April 2010 14:20, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree, unless there is some technical reason that PackageKit needs
> to be called immediately following a yum command it would be great if
> it waited a while.

PK has to update the icon after performing some yum CLI actions. If
you do yum update in the console, and then we're still showing an icon
saying "104 updates" and the user then clicks the icon it then says
"No updates available". This would be a big bug.

You can remove PackageKit-yum-plugin if this bothers you, or change
the config file settings.

Richard.