boot messages invisible on reboot/shutdown

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 22:09:56 UTC 2010

I'm not sure what the heck to report this against.

I have removed rhgb from my kernel options specifically
so I'll be able to see anything funny that happens during
boot and shutdown.

I see the boot messages OK, but on shutdown, I see about one
line scroll on the messages, then the screen goes blank as
if it is planning on showing the graphical boot screen even
though I have rhgb turned off.

On fedora 12, things are similarly confused, but Ctrl-Alt-F7
will get me to the screen where the shutdown messages are
scrolling past.

On fedora 13, no Ctrl-Alt-anything seems to get me to the
shutdown messages.